TINT in the News
Did you miss these articles mentioning Temple Israel Ner Tamid? No need to worry, here are links to past stories that involve our congregation or Rabbi.
- For 30 years, Temple Israel Ner Tamid has helped Cleveland’s needyby Jacqueline Mitchell ( Cleveland Jewish News November 27,2014) For 30 years, on the fourth Tuesday of every month, congregants of Temple Israel Ner Tamid in Mayfield Heights have gathered in the St. Aloysius Hunger Center in Cleveland to feed the hungry. On Oct. 28, the temple celebrated the 30 year anniversary.
- Czech Memorial Scrolls Mark 50th Year with Trip to Londonby Ed Wittenberg ( Cleveland Jewish News February 7,2014) Rabbi Matt and others from our congregation traveled to London and participated in a service at Westminster Synagogue commemorating the 50th anniversary of the scrolls’ arrival in London.
- New Lectern Dedicated at Temple Israel Ner Tamid by Ed Wittenberg ( Cleveland Jewish News May 1, 2013) A new handcrafted lectern with a musical theme was dedicated at the Shabbat service April 26. .
- Sweet Connection – Temple Inspires Student(March 3,2013) Temple Israel Ner Tamid in Mayfield Heights has inspired some Gilmour Academy students to join a tsedakah (charity) project to feed the homeless
- Holocaust survivor Max Edelman speaks to students at Magnificat High School, News channel 5, Jan 30, 2012.
- “Teddy Bear Bank” by Faith Boone Sun Messenger(Sun News, July 19, 2011)
A unique response to young victims of disasters.
- “When one partner isn’t jewish” by Nina Polien Light (Cleveland Jewish News, Jan 27, 2011)
Different couples approach to a interfaith marriage ceremony.
- “Dennis Prager makes rare appearance at Reform synagogue” by Arline Fine (Cleveland Jewish News, Jan 27, 2011)Temple Israel Ner Tamid will kicked off its first-ever synagogue symposium series by bringing in Jewish radio host and well-known author and lecturer Dennis Prager.
- “Congregation mixes TLC with pb & j” by Tom Livingston (WEWS, Setp. 24, 2010)
Video from channel 5’s story about our PB & J project.
- “Legacy lectern crafted for Temple Israel Ner Tamid” by Arlene Fine (Cleveland Jewish News, Mar. 12, 2010)
One of a kind hand crafted wooden lectern created by Richard (Dick) Schamberger.
- “The mitzvah of peanut butter” by Arlene Fine (Cleveland Jewish News, Sept. 18, 2009)
Story about or congregations JB & Judaism project.
- “Temple scores chicken ‘coup’ for tsedakah” by Linda McMullen (Cleveland Jewish News, May 22, 2008)
How to distribute 45,000 pounds of donated chickens when food banks don’t want your donation.
- “Rabbi Fred Eisenberg: 50 years in the pulpit” by Arlene Fine (Cleveland Jewish News, Feb. 29, 2008)
Q & A with Rabbi Fred Eisenberg.
- “Area temple delivers Katrina aid by the ton” by Ted Stratton ((Cleveland Jewish News, Sept.. 15, 2005) Our efforts to help Katrina victims took on a life of it’s own, as we sent down 4 truck loads of supplies.